Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 14:22:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Robert Chalmers <robert@nanguo.chalmers.com.au>
Cc:        bsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Does anyone from Freebsd read this group

On Sat, 14 Dec 1996, Robert Chalmers wrote:

> Does anyone from FreeBSD read this posting?
>
> I'm still getting Malloc warnings, both from httpd, and tin.

I'm still here.

Again, it's not FreeBSD's fault, it's Apache's fault.  It's their bug :)
I think you've done this already, but contact the port's maintainer (in
the port Makefile) and let them know.  At least they could patch it up and
send a note or fix to the Apache team.  If you know how, fix it yourself
and forward the patch file up.  Or check out the libmalloc code and
comment out the printf().

Same procedure with tin.

> and write direct I guess :-)

That works better.  We're support, but not much migrates over, especially
with ports.