Date:      13 Nov 96 08:55:14 EST
From:      Berend de Boer <100120.3121@CompuServe.COM>
To:        Tor Egge <Tor.Egge@idt.ntnu.no>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Follow on Atlantis board

> When using gdb on /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/i386/boot/biosboot/boot in
> FreeBSD 3.0-current and disassembling the boot function, you'll
> see that early in the function, the boot device is placed in %edi.

Hai Tor,

The %edi was entirely correct.

What we did:

1. added a pushed/poppped %edi on get_diskinfo in bios.S.
	Result: drive was no longer destroyed

2. replaced the bios. The bios was 1.00.03.CL0. We downloaded the latest bios
from Intel which was 1.00.06.CL0.
	Result: problem also disappeared.

Thanks everyone who took part in this discussion for their comments. I think we
can close this case.

Groetjes,

Berend.