Date:      Mon, 05 Sep 2016 11:55:40 +1200
From:      Ron <gettingchoppy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   PiZero hdmi audio

Hi, my first post to this forum.
Gmail pop/smtp has been a problem with two other forums I've subscribed
to, whereby it does not send the mirror of my own post back.
It must be comparing contents and treating it as a bounce or duplicate
but there is no settings for this or sign of them via the webmail ui.
I could try /sending/ my posts via yahoo smtp, but maybe the forum would
not recognise the sender then? I can specify an alternate 'reply to' but
this may not be the same thing.
Most likely will have to try forums using my yahoo account in the end.

I have been enjoying FreeBSD11 RC1 for RaspB on a PiZero, I have the
restriction of no network and have been installing the *.txz packages
locally with pkg add
I have hdmi_drive=2 in config.txt, this has been necessary to get audio
on hdmi on another platform.
aplay -l finds no soundcards.
running the all.log at startup shows an entry for vchiq0 then pcm0 but I
think I may be missing the /dev/snd/ entries.
I recall reading how to add an entry manually for a serial modem once,
Is there a generic way of adding a device, assuming that the kernel
sound driver is actually working, I guess.

Thanks for any help
Ron M.