Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:30:52 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        dalescott@shaw.ca
Subject:   courier-authdaemond rc script doesn't report correct status

Hi, I installed courier-authlib-0.66.1 from the binary package, added "courier_authdaemond_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf, and started it using "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/courier-authdaemond start". However, "courier-authdaemond status" reports courier_authdaemond is *not* running.

"ps faxd | grep courier" shows courier-authdaemond is running, /var/run/authdaemond/pid exists with correct pid value, and "courier-authdaemond stop" stops the daemon and deletes the pid file. Could the status option for the courier_authdaemond rc script actually be broken, or perhaps I'm just missing something really stupid?

Regards,
Dale

---
dalescott.net