Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 07:58:14 +0100
From:      "A. Gruner" <bsd@encephalon.de>
To:        "Tom Kersten" <tomkersten98@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why doesn't this work???

Hi.

> I am trying to build StarOffice 5.2 from the ports
> collection. From the archives it sounds like a cvsup
> will do the trick, so I did that. But, I am still
> getting stuck on retrieving the 109939.03.tar.Z file
> from any of the suggested sites.

Well, have a look at your error messages -->

ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/staroffice52/.
fetch: 109939-03.tar.Z: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
>> Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
>> port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/staroffice52 and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52.
*** Error code 1
[...]

Stop in

It seems that the file is not in the ftp.... directory

1. Download the file manually (just search in google or lycos or....)
2. put it into /usr/ports/distfiles/staroffice5, and try again.
3. Normally it will fetch the file (if this is in the right place) now from
your local machine and build.

hth

Axel