Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 11:28:28 +1000
From:      Rob Secombe <robseco@wizard.teksupport.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtual Private Networking

Hi all,

We have been building firewall boxes for our customers using FreeBSD and
various combinations of userland PPP, ipfw and natd for quite some time
now. This gives us great flexiblity in terms of who gets access to what,
across varied types and numbers of interfaces.

We are now being asked to provide VPN solutions for private net to private
net and roaming client to private net users. There are many commercial
solutions available but all seem to have some form of limitation ie. they
are hardware based (inflexible) or run on NT (yuk).  I was wondering if
some has come up with, or knows of a FreeBSD based answer, open source
would be preferable but I certainly wouldn't exclude commercial packages.

TIA

Rob.

BTW FreeBSDcon was great!!