Date:      Sat, 10 Jun 2000 12:42:06 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Dana Huggard <dana.huggard@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.2 Release DHCP-Client

On Sat, Jun 10, 2000 at 12:02:52PM -0700, Dana Huggard wrote:

[snip]

> I hesitate on CVS syncing to bring the 3.2 version forward, but maybe
> that is the best thing ??
>
> Any comments?  suggestions?

I do not see any reason why you should not update to 3.x-STABLE.
With a coax modem, the CVSup of the complete source is no big deal.
There are no major changes or big gotchas in the upgrade process,
just bug fixes and some improved functionality. Go for it.

I've set up both DHCP clients and servers under FreeBSD 3.x and
it was not particularly tough (admittedly, these were academic setups
not operational).