Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2012 14:20:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        Dennis Glatting <freebsd@pki2.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn vs csup usage question

--2055831798-1240532296-1349266817=:2700

On Wed, 3 Oct 2012 04:56-0700, Dennis Glatting wrote:

> I often modify configuration files in the src and ports tree. Normally
> this isn't a problem becuase csup determines which files changed and
> pulled fresh copies from the repository.
>
> I doin't see a svn mechansim to do that, for example:
>
> 	svn co -verify repo target
>
> It appears the contents of .svn is all that is check on checkout and not
> the files themselves.

Do you always checkout a complete source or ports tree?

Maybe svn update --accept X, for some useful value of X is what you
want?

According to PDF manual for svn 1.7, page 251, physical PDF page 272,
X can be one of:

postpone (p)
Take no resolution action at all and instead allow the conflicts to be
recorded for future resolution.

edit (e)
Open each conflicted file in a text editor for manual resolution of
line-based conflicts.

launch (l)
Launch an interactive merge conflict resolution tool for each
conflicted file.

base
Choose the file that was the (unmodified) BASE revision before you
tried to integrate changes from the server into your working
copy.

working
Assuming that you've manually handled the conflict resolution, choose
the version of the file as it currently stands in your
working copy.

mine-full (mf)
Resolve conflicted files by preserving all local modifications and
discarding all changes fetched from the server during the operation
which caused the conflict.

theirs-full (tf)
Resolve conflicted files by discarding all local modifications and
integrating all changes fetched from the server during the operation
which caused the conflict.

mine-conflict (mc)
Resolve conflicted files by preferring local modifications over the
changes fetched from the server in conflicting regions of
each file's content.

theirs-conflict (tc)
Resolve conflicted files by preferring the changes fetched from the
server over local modifications in conflicting regions of
each file's content.

--
| Vennlig hilsen,               | Best regards,                      |