Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2001 20:14:29 +1000
From:      Rob B <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "MurrayTaylor" <MurrayTaylor@bytecraftsystems.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: postfix -- auto footers

At 16:55 25/09/2001, MurrayTaylor wrote:
>Has anyone developed a method of automagically adding
>company footers to outbound email via postfix ...
>
>I would like to avoid having to setup footers on all the
>user clents...
>
>cheers
>mjt

This is not a Good Thing. It may break MIME structure or be invisible in
MIME mail, and it's a falsification of mail. That's why there is no official
interface for this function. You might get content filtering to do what you
want, but you're heading for troubles.

This was an idea suggested on the Postfix-users mailing list -

<quote>
send an email to all users with the official signature, and
instructions on how to add it to their email client.
</quote>

You could then try and filter out all outgoing mails that don't contain the
official signature.  I'm not sure on the command to do this, but maybe
something like a body_checks regexp?

Cheers,
Rob

--
When Cthulhu calls, he calls collect.

This is random quote 1096 of a collection of 1161