Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 13:26:08 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        nate@mt.sri.com
Cc:        adept@cep.yale.edu, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 and FSD

In article <199708051658.KAA04141@rocky.mt.sri.com>
nate@mt.sri.com writes:

>> Is the Libretto 50 now available in the US?  We have 2 of them, but we
>> ended up buying them from a company that re-packages them from the
>> Japanese market.

I got US version of Libretto 50 (US$ 1,999).  Its keyboard is 15mm
pitch (13mm for Japanese version).

>> (In any case, I don't have any experience running FreeBSD on them, and
>> although they are pretty sexy, the keyboard is almost completely
>> useless.)

To install FreeBSD on libretto 50, you have to use dos fdisk to create
one fdisk slice, and change slice ID later to 165 from FreeBSD
sysinstall.  If you fdisk FreeBSD slice directly from FreeBSD
sysinstall, the tail of the slice (about 34MB) will be overwritten by
hybernation data when you suspend the machine :-<.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi
Network Technology Center