Date:      Sat, 15 May 2004 13:01:35 -0500
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Bruce Hunter <bhunter@solisix.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apache 2 / PHP Installation

Bruce Hunter wrote:

> Hi all,
> I installed Apache 2 from the ports collection. Does apache2 come with
> php support? Probably not, but not sure. I want to install php on the
> system. I'm not sure what port I need to install?? All the pre recks..
> are for 1.* versions of Apache. What's the deal?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Bruce

The deal is, Apache2 and PHP are basically a "no no".  From
        http://www.php.net/manual/en/install.apache2.php:

"                                            Warning

Do not use Apache 2.0 and PHP in a production environment
neither on Unix nor on Windows."

That same page goes on to give other instructions, which I must
presume are for "non-production" environments.  Perhaps you
can gain additional insight there.

Kevin Kinsey
DaleCo, S.P.