Date:      Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        sTAGGER <smdlink@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: amd k6-2 550 vs p2 300

> its a bit off topic but i need help... i had a gigabyte board with a
> p2 300 before i bought a new dfi board and a k6-2 550. the k6 is
> slower than the p2 and i wonder why. i jumpered the fsb to 100 mhz,
> mulitplier to 5.5 and the voltage to 2.3 volt. the processor says its

	Sounds like it's possibly bad board to me. If possible I'd try
slapping the chip into another motherboard. I can confirm for sure that an
AMD K-2-500 runs a lot faster then a P2-300 :) On the other hand I won't
touch Gigabyte or DFI motherboards anymore... I'd personally suggest
Soltek, or since you probally won't find one, just about anything by
Asus. :)

					Rick