Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 10:49:03 +0100
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernst@jollem.com>
To:        Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GeForce 2 MX && XFree86 4.0.1

Heya Kenneth,

Thanks very much for the kind reply! I checked out xfree86.org/cvs and I
downloaded the `xc' repository. I followed the instructions in INSTALL.TXT.
When I try to make it, it fails, with the following messages:

   including in lib/GLw...
   make: don't know how to make /main/gfx/lib/glw/GLwDrawA.h. Stop
   *** Error code 2

I guess that file is missing. I tried another cvs update -d, but no luck. I'm
now following a different lead, provided by Pete Young. He writes:

> Support for the Geforce 2 has not been included with the latest release of
> XFree86 yet but it has been added to the CVS repository.
>
> I used the FreeBSD port system to build it.  Here are the steps that worked.
>
>         cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4
>         make patch
>
> I then copied these files from the XFree86 anoncvs repository to the same
> directories under /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work/
>
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/xf86PciInfo.h
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_driver.c
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_include.h
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_local.h
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_type.h
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/riva_tbl.h
>         xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/nv/nv_xaa.c
>
> Edit nv_include.h and remove the line   #include "vbe.h"  .  Finish
> with
>
>         cd /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4
>         make install
>         XFree86 -configure

I'll let you know what the result is. Thanks again!

_
O o
 |    Ernst
\_/