Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 14:21:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, bde@zeta.org.au, nadav@barcode.co.il, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/include/ftpio.h is not C++ safe

> Boys, boys, go look at libftpio and tell me again how cross-platform
> this thing really is.  Then come back. :-)
>
> I hate __P() and will fight a guerilla war against it if I have to.
> No.  Simply no.  If someone wants to take the code over to a different
> platform then the least then can do is use ANSI compiler technology
> there and anyone trying to use old K&R stuff at this point will get a
> sympathy level from me which could possibly be measured on an atomic
> scale, but more probably not.

You didn't read the rest of my message before responding.

How can libftpio be used by code which must be compiled -traditional,
without __P()?

You need a decent programming editor which can fold things like __P()
out so that they can still be there, yet your sensitive eyes are
protected from seeing them.

Maybe there's a port of the "peril sensitive editor" for FreeBSD?  8-).

					Regards,
					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---