Date:      Wed, 04 Sep 1996 10:49:11 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sja@tekla.fi (Sakari Jalovaara)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

Hi, Reference:
> From: sja@tekla.fi (Sakari Jalovaara)
> Subject: Re: Latest Current build failure
> Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 11:27:34 +0300
>
> How about this idea:
>
> Everyone cvsups the bleeding edge RCS files.

NO !	That assumes everyone has good net connectivity ... & they don't all.
CTM has distinct advantages for maintenance of my local CVS tree,
namely, only my local ISP needs be up to supply the mail,
even if the rest of the net, or freebsd servers are dead or slow as hell...
no problem !

> (Have mercy on me if this is totally silly - I'm new to FreeBSD and
> I'm not even using current - yet.)

.... Grin .... No Comment ;-)

Don't confuse the various methods of distributing updates
	{sup mirror ctm cvsup }
with the method of src/ tree maintenace
	{ cvs extract on dates or head, current/, stable/ snaps etc )

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/