Date:      Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:02:42 -0800
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        jimmy martin <hate00@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: domain name

* jimmy martin <hate00@hotmail.com> [000227 19:52] wrote:
> I just bought a domain name for my box, Ive got it where i type in the name
> and i can telnet to my box, but i was wondering how i set it up where I can
> get mail to this box if someone mails me at the new name.
> I uncommented the pop3 in indent.conf

You neglected to mention which version of FreeBSD you're using.

Depending on the version there will be a file called sendmail.cf
in either /etc/ or /etc/mail, look in there for a line with "sendmail.cw"
you need to edit/create that file (sendmail.cw) and add your domain to
it for sendmail to accept mail for extra hostnames.

btw, pop3 has nothing to do with it, pop3 is a way to remotely fetch
mail.

-Alfred