Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:53:53 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        venkatb@ibackoffice.com
Cc:        "Olivier Cherrier" <Olivier.Cherrier@cediti.be>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reg Unistallation of program

> From: "M Venkatesha Bhat" <venkatb@ibackoffice.com>
> Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 21:29:19 +0530
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I would like to UNINSTALL the Application.

I think we all understand that. The issue is how it was installed. The
method for uninstalling depends on the method used for installation.

If you installed the port (cd /usr/ports/mail/majordomo && make
install or something similar), go back to the port directory and 'make
deinstall'. If you used the package (from sysinstall or pkg_add), use
'pkg_delete majordomo-\*'. If you installed in some other way, it will
be different.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)