Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:32:00 -0300
From:      Renato Botelho <rbgarga@gmail.com>
To:        "David E. Thiel" <lx@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dead projects in ports tree

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 7:36 PM, David E. Thiel <lx@freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 04:05:56PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> > multimedia/openquicktime - no movement in CVS / SVN for 1+ years; no
>> > releases in the past 3 years
>> >
>> > =A0 =A0I'll continue posting more items to this thread as I find them.=
..
>> > Thanks,
>> > -Garrett
>>
>> xmms looks completely dead now. Can someone confirm or deny this fact?
>
> While I'm in favor of removing useless ports, there are several projects
> which are simply "done", and lack of development doesn't mean they're
> obsolete or useless. The logic above would seem to suggest we should
> remove qmail too. I would like to hear what people feel the best method
> for getting rid of unused and irrelevant ports, though -- bump
> portrevision and mark BROKEN for a few months?

Qmail doesn't have a new version for a long time, i know, but new version
of patch collection are released, like you can see las spamcontrol 2.5.x,
and author is working on 2.6.x with a lot of new features, so, i don't
consider qmail a dead project at all.

And, there are a good number of qmail users, i don't think it's a good idea
remove this port, i'm maintaining it for some years and i can still maintai=
and keep it working on ports infrastructure.

--=20
Renato Botelho