Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:38:30 -0700
From:      "Aaron Namba" <aaron@namba1.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   custom distro question

I'm not really expecting a complete answer on this one, but I'll try anyway.

I use a specialized machine configuration on a very specialized set of
hardware. But I need to make tons of these machines. So... is there a way to
somehow take a "snapshot" of this configuration and load it on a cd so that
a user could boot from the cd, completely blow away everything on the
machine, and reinstall a fresh copy of my machine configuration?

I'm not sure this exact setup will be possible... but something close would
be great. It has to work without a net connection, so I think a CD would be
ideal.

Aaron Namba (aaron@namba1.com)

"Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do,
experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do."
--Bruce Crampton