Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:27:30 -0700
From:      Don Wilde <dwilde1@ibm.net>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A name, please!

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Berkeley Stronghold: Wouldn't it be nice to see a fort surrounded by
>                      Win X indians dressed in suits shooting arrows
>                      at Fort BSD ..

I like your imagery. Not very Politically Correct, though...

> Unix Golden Gate -- we can have a logo of the SF Golden Gate disappearing
>                     into the stars

Berkeley imagery, not SF.

> BSD StarGate     --- Would be real nice to see a Win XX user starting from
>                      a crowded polluted city go thru BSD gate and land on
>                      a nice location perhaps a beach
>                      with flocking birds (freedom and expansion) and utter:
>                      "What a rush !"

Gawd, Amancio, what HAVE you been smoking on this vacation of yours???
again, great imagery, I like the bird theme.

> Aquarius -- This  can be a nice sixties theme complete with mpeg movies
>             about how people changed society back then . We can even
>             bring back the sixties peace and love logo to signify
>             world unity to bring unix to the mass market

Don't want to confuse the two, although the connotation of world unity
and benefit through free software is an important one. I like that.