Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 14:29:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        portmgr@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Problems with PREFIX=/usr

--0-499496137-1016404183=:3758

Howdy,

	I'm working on some BIND port stuff to replace the system version,
instead of installing in /usr/local by setting PREFIX=/usr in my Makefile.
I've found that a number of things break if I do that.... specifically
bsd.port.mk makes some bad assumptions about all PREFIX's looking the same
in terms of which mtree file it picks, and what MANPREFIX should look
like. While the latter is easy to fix in the Makefile, the former is not.

	The attached patch corrects both problems. Now that we have
packages working again, could portmgr please take on the task of testing
this patch? I've tested it in my environment already. One additional
possibility that I didn't include would be to change 'MTREE_FILE=' to
'MTREE_FILE?=' throughout.... that would give port authors even more
flexibility.

Thanks,

Doug
--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?

--0-499496137-1016404183=:3758
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--0-499496137-1016404183=:3758--