Date:      Thu, 6 Dec 2001 16:19:20 -0800
From:      chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>, Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Printing on Windows printers from FreeBSD [was: Re: freebsd as a desktop ?]

On Thursday 06 December 2001 07:02 am, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2001-11-28 09:32:46, Doug Poland wrote:
> > I don't know how to print to MS shared printers.  I recommend Ted's
> > book to cover that.
> If you install Samba, you can use smbclient for this.  On a Windows
> printer that speaks PostScript, I used to send documents with:
> =09$ echo print filename.ps | smbclient \\machine\printer
> Just my EU 0.02,
> -giorgos

My .02 worth also -
I have two printers - one (hp deskjet) on a FBSD box, the other (epson=20
stylus color400) on a win98 box. From any FBSD or Winblows machine
on my home network (7 pcs, mixed os's), I can print to both printers. I
used apsfilter to do the setup of the printers on the fbsd boxes, and sam=
ba
to share the hp. And of course the winblows printer is shared and accessa=
ble
to the fbsd boxes.

--
Chip