Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 13:37:05 +0100
From:      Steve Roome <steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   GCC bug with 4.1-stable

Just in case anyone cares, as I don't know if it will cause
anyone problems I thought I'd mention this, this is with
4.1-stable on a dual ppro-200 cvsupped 23 August.

steve@moose 169 0 % make

gcc -O3 -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -Wall -Werror \
-I/usr/X11R6/include -ffast-math -mfancy-math-387 -mno-ieee-fp \
-mno-move -fomit-frame-pointer -c main.c -o main.o

main.c: In function `main':
main.c:206: Internal compiler error in `instantiate_virtual_regs_1', at function.c:3865
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/steve/blobs.

I'll send this into the gcc folks as well, seems that -mno-ieee-fp
causes problems alone (cc1 gets sig 11), and adding -mno-move causes
this.

I've mentioned it here as well in case it's only FreeBSD specific.

	Steve Roome