Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 11:31:37 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>
To:        andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de (Andre Albsmeier)
Cc:        didier@omnix.net, kris@hiwaay.net, lluisma@osi-technologies.com, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tuning: FreeBSD as static router with 6 fast ethernet cards

> On Thu, 02-Mar-2000 at 10:58:14 +0000, Didier Derny wrote:
> > what dual 10/100 ethernet card do you suggest ?

I really like the SMC 9334BDT.  It's a well-supported dual Tulip that
has been around forever, and has great lights on it.  Unfortunately, it
is a bit pricey, at $205 per card.

I've got lots of these, though, and they are my preferred solution even
for non-router uses.

I've got a D-Link DFE-570TX here, 4 ports for ~$175, that works with the
new 4.0 dc driver (allegedly).  I'm quite interested in these, obviously,
although a bit reluctant to give up on a tried and proven solution that
has worked for me for years.

With the advent of motherboards with 5 and 6 PCI slots, in theory one
could build oneself a 24-port 10/100 router for under $2000.

... Joe