Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:18:33 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Vaclav Kares <vaclav.kares@worldonline.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: modem on ThinkPad 600

> Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:43:28 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Vaclav Kares <vaclav.kares@worldonline.cz>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> I would like to install FreeBSD on ThinkPad 600 but there is a problem
> with modem. Do you know how to run winmodem ? By this I mean for instance
> linux driver or something similar. Every experience is invited.

There is a port of the drive for this modem in /usr/ports/comms/mwave.
cd /usr/ports/comms/mwave && make install
It requires linuxthreads be installed which, in turn requires that
full sources be available on the box. If you lack full sources,
install the linuxthreads package.

This port is fairly recent, so update your ports tree first if it's
over a month old. I think the latest version was committed on about
June 4, 2001.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)