Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2001 09:59:17 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Delay bringing up telnet window

Hi Bill/all
I also have this problem.
I get instant telnet on a routable ip for my
multihomed box
but lengthy delay when I telnet its 129.168.1.220 IP
I did the nslookup and received:
Server: mer3.vic-remote.bigpond.net.au
Address: 61.9.128.13
 Then a timeout!
Seems to be not finding the lookup on the local
machine/lan and so looking outside and (obviously) not
succeeding.
What should I do to fix??
Thanks
Keith