Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:10:43 +0000
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@freebsd.org>
To:        current@freebsd.org, jmz@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 3.3.6_3 build dies on -current

I built and installed -current on a laptop yesterday (10/23/00), and
went to build XFree86 3.3.6_3 today from the ports directory.

It built fine, but when you run make install, it dies, complaining of
syntax errors in machine/endian.h:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/wait.h:93,
                 from vgaHW.c:44:
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:72: syntax error before
`__uint16_swap_unit32'
/usr/include/machine/endian.h:72: syntax error before `__x'
<snip>

I've not seen this reported before, nor a work around.  I was only
building the VGA and SVGA servers and took the defaults on every thing
else.

Patrick