Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 19:57:31 -0500
From:      "Grant Peel" <grant@thenetnow.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dd

Hi all,

I am about to make the trip to shutdown one of our servers and 'dd' the
first SCSI drive to the second.

from what I have read, and what some of you have kindly offered, I just kick
into single user mode, with only root mounted on the primary drive, and away
we go...

dd if=/dev/da0 of=/dev/da1 bs=1m

One last question, the second drive is identical to the first, but should it
be right out odf the box condition, formatted, fdisk'ed partiitioned or does
any of that matter since it will be copies bit for bit?

TIA!

-Grant

Grant W. Peel
Server Admin