Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 17:24:18 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: slightly OT: tools for manipulating mpeg files?

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, John Bleichert wrote:

> A quick search on freshmeat.net turned up lots, this one looks promising:
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/

Thanks, but this is not what I am looking for. I know how to use vcdimager
to create a VCD image from MPEG files, but vcdimager expects the mpeg
files to be in 352 x 240 @ 23.976 Hz resolution. I want a tool which takes
an mpeg file in a resolution other than that, and outputs another mpeg
with the resolution needed by vcdimager. That is, I need a tool to modify
the mpeg resolution/bit rate to make it VCD compatible.

				Fer