Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:07:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Patrick Thomas <root@utility.clubscholarship.com>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>, Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: top shows all zeroes.

> It's usually gone after a reboot. Haven't debugged it further since I
> saw now other problems.

Yes, but other times it is not manifesting, and it _starts_ after a
reboot.

Also, concerning solving the problem with a reboot, although my system is
merely a test machine, I am fairly certain that a considerable number of
people are using "FreeBSD" release versions as important and mission
critical pieces of their businesses...so this would not be an option for
some folks (rebooting frequently to solve).

_I_ understand that nobody but actual freeBSD developers have any business
relying on it for anything critical, but I am not sure that has been made
public successfully.  That is, I think a fair number of people are taken
by surprise by things like this.  Just my two cents.

--ptat