Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 08:29:08 -0600
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        "Peter Jeremy" <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP Pavilion DV6110us notebook install problems

On 12/30/06, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au> wrote:
> >(vi)                No trace of the wlan - everything related to atheros
> >compiled into a costum kernel
>
> You have a Broadcom chipset.  As Scot pointed out, you will need to
> use NDIS with a Windows driver.  I suspect the drivers he pointed you
> to are 32-bit.  If you're running an amd64 kernel, you will need a
> Windows-64 driver - and they are rarer.  AFAIK, HP don't support
> Win64 so you probably won't find them on the HP site.  Broadcom won't
> support end-users - they expect you to go to your vendor for support.
> The drivers I have originated from Toshiba.

The sp34152.exe driver file from HP contains the driver for Win64 and
Win32.  I also verified that the Win64 bit driver will build and
detect my Broadcom Adapter on a Pavillion dv8000 system that is using
-CURRENT.

Scot

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.