Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:06:53 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ron Echeverri <rone@bofh.noc.best.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anti-spam sendmail in 2.2.5?

dkelly@hiwaay.net writes:
  That sounds like a good idea. Think my ISP has that rule implemented. When
  they added anti-spam rules to their sendmail it broke my FreeBSD SMTP
  which was configured badly anyhow. We've reached a compromise. They added
  nospam.hiwaay.net to their DNS, resolved to 127.0.0.1. I and others have
  used that name for our home systems. Some use it as their email address
  when posting to usenet. It resolves in DNS. Spammer tries to sent to it and
  spams their own postmaster. Or the unkowning forwarding host.

Gee, why don't you just post with "dkelly@localhost.hiwaay.net"?  It
would have saved your poor admin the hard work of adding yet another
useless entry in his DNS tables.

It would be best to consider changes to the default sendmail
configuration that will actually apply to most people, will be of the
most help to them, and will break as little as possible.  Anything
else is just noise as far as this list is concerned.

rone
--
Ron Echeverri			"What, me pithy?"			   +-+
Systems/Usenet Administration				   Mountain View ->b |