Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:03:19 -0500
From:      "J. Blask" <argon@massnet1.net>
To:        mathiasp@virtual-earth.de
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: mozart-1.2.1.20010816

I am a FreeBSD newbie.  I'm doing the usual learning curve stuff with
the OS that new users typically do,
I suppose.

The mozart port refuses to build for me because of the version of GNU
Bison that  is required.  At the time the original software for Mozart
was written, the version of Bison that was required was 1.28.   Bioson's
development is now up to 1.34, I believe, and Mozart refuses to build
with it.

The old version of Bison, v 1.28, is only OK on a 4.4  FreeBSD system,
while I am running 4.5 now.

 Please let me know how to fix the problem.  My knowledge of compiler
tools is very slim at this point since
most of my experience is with interpreters.

Thanks,

--Joe Blask--