Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:11:50 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Arch <arch@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: MPSAFE TTY integration on August 20

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:34:41AM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> As I informed everyone a couple of weeks ago: I'm going to integrate the
> MPSAFE TTY layer on August 20. The original plan was to do this on
> August 10:
>
> * Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl> wrote:
> > August 10 2008:
> > 	Commit the new MPSAFE TTY driver in several commits (first
> > 	commit the layer itself, then commit changes to drivers one by
> > 	one).
>
> We decided to delay the integration 10 more days, to give interested
> people some more time to work on remaining drivers.

Ed,
Before the first checkin, please lay down a tag.
Given there are some drivers issues at the point of commit, folks might
need to hang at the last point before MPSAFE-TTY to wait for late coming
drivers.

Now that SVN tags are ultra cheep, we should come up with a convention.

Say svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/tag/<BRANCH>_[(PRE|POST)-]<THING>

$ svn copy --parents svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/head svn+ssh://svn.freebsd.org/base/tag/HEAD_PRE_MPSAFE_TTY

thanks,
--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)