Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 2015 18:14:59 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Okular

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Baho Utot <baho-utot@columbus.rr.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to speed up okular?
> When read a pdf it pauses between pages for about 3-5 seconds, sometimes
> longer.
>
> I have given it a "greedy" setting under Settings/Performace.

This is not likely to be an "okular problem", but  rather okular exhibits
symptoms of something else like an underpowered system, slow disk io, etc.
Okular takes no where near that long for me to scroll between pages and no
okular tuning has been done here.  Make sure everything is installed
correctly and updated then use something like dtrace/truss to find out
where the systems is spending it's time.

--
Adam