Date:      Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:02:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel compilation failure, ack!

I would like to say yes because I know that that is
the correct procedure, but right now I'm on the 6th
straight hour of a retarded phone call and I can't
remember.  I'll remake world tomorrow during Mystery
Science Theater 3000.  At least then if the problem
persists I'll be in a good mood.  Thanks again, if I
find an answer I'll post it.

--- Dru <dlavigne6@cogeco.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, twig les wrote:
>
> > Well you caught me.  I had a bunch of garbage in
> my FW
> > file that I never put there (not intentionally).
> So I
> > did a quick cp GENERIC FW, added my lines and
> redid
> > the diff.  This is what I got:
> >

> > L# pwd
> > /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> > L# diff GENERIC FW
> > 251a252,261
> > >
> > > #To enable IPFW with default deny all packets
> > > options         IPFIREWALL
> > > options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
> > > options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=10
> > > options         TCP_DROP_SYNFIN         #drop
> TCP
> > packets with SYN+FIN
> > > options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100
> > #limit verbosity
> > >
> > > #device         pcm0 at isa? irq5 drq 1 flags
> 0x0
> > >
> > L#
> >

> > So I gained heart and pushed onward, only to see
> this
> > error:
> >
> > L# cd /usr/src
> > L# make buildkernel KERNCONF=FW
> > make: no target to make.
> > "/usr/src/Makefile.inc1", line 140: warning: "make
> -f
> > /dev/null -m /usr/src/share/mk  CPUTYPE=dummy -V
> > CPUTYPE" returned non-zero status

> 17:55:43
> > PDT 2002

> > ===> FW
> > mkdir -p /usr/obj/usr/src/sys
> > cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf;

PATH=/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/sbin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/bin:/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/games:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

=====