Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 1998 22:49:23 -0500
From:      Tom Wojahn <tomwojahn@usfamily.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   version 2.2.1 and 2.2.6

I have just gotten the the 2.2.6 cd because I could not
install 2.2.1 upon supports recommendation.

neither version installs, here is what my macjhine is
configured

cyrix pr200
buslogic 545c scsi firmware 4.25J  upgraded suggested irq
and address
segate baracuda 2 gig drive
1 30meg partion dos
1 gig partion freebsd
nec cdr1610   20x cdrom

when I do alt-f2 and look at terminal this is what I see
after all my intall options picked
debug: parse config: invalid character "0 (30)
.
bin
bin/
bin/chio
bin/chmod
bin/cp
gunzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated
/stand/cpio premature end of file

I then lose control of the cdrom reader even though it has
according to log unmounted the cdrom I can't get the cd out

Whats up, whats next?

Thanks
tomwojahn@usfaminly.net