Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:10:34 +0200
From:      Michael Radzewitz <michael.radzewitz@freenet-ag.de>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   GENERIC insted of MYKERNEL installed ?

Hello everyone,

i installed a FreeBSD-System a couple of weeks before.
After i had finished the install i recompiled the kernel
as descripted in the handbook:

# /usr/sbin/config MYKERNEL
# cd ../../compile/MYKERNEL
# make depend
# make
# make install

everthink worked fine. The last days i wanted to go a little
bit further and update my sources. After sort out a lot of
understanding trouble with the CVSUP procedure (thank's to
all of you who gave me the needed hints and help) i want to
recompile the kernel again. I did so and everythink worked
fine again, except that after rebooting now i see the
following kernel message:

FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #0: Fri Jun 15 08:34:20 CEST 2001
    root@radzewitz.freenet-ag.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC

I am wondering about the GENERIC because i said make exactly the
the same as written in the handbook:

# cd /usr/src
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL
# make installkernel KERNCONF=MYKERNEL

It seems to me that i compiled GENERIC instead of MYKERNEL.
On the other hand all the changes i've made to the MYKERNEL
file seems to work now in the GENERIC kernel.

Did I made something wrong with putting the kernelconfig file
in the wrong location?

Thank's for help in advance again...