Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 2008 17:35:44 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        jhay@meraka.org.za
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, thompsa@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot2 for avila

In message: <20081005204022.GA58869@zibbi.meraka.csir.co.za>
            John Hay <jhay@meraka.org.za> writes:
: Hi Guys,
:
: I have put the latest code at
: http://people.freebsd.org/~jhay/ixp425-boot-20081005.tgz
:
: I have included most of Sam's stuff and also the patches I got from
: Andrew Thompson. I have tried to make it autodetect the partitioning
: schemes mostly used, so that we do not need to use compile options
: for that. It should now handle slices+bsdlabel+partions, slices-only
: and also bsdlabel+partitions (without slices).
:
: It should also handle the various ROOTDEVNAME options used: ufs:ad0s1a,
: ufs:ad0s1, ufs:ad0a and also ufs:ROOTDEVNAME if you have FIXUP_BOOT_DRV
: defined (which is the default).
:
: I think it is ready for commit. Anybody want to look at it or try it
: to make sure your stuff still works before I commit it?

Since this doesn't change the at91/boot2 stuff at all, the stuff I
care most about will still work.

I'd like to merge these two files, since I didn't see anything in the
diffs that can't be resolved between the two systems...  I wouldn't
block commits based on this, but these two files are very similar...

Warner