Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 2003 00:21:53 +0100
From:      Alexander Mayer <mayerale@weihenstephan.org>
To:        510056324034-0001@t-online.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Alexander_K=FChn?=)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wake-on-lan support? (WOL)

Hi,

Alexander K=FChn wrote:

> powered down. You need to enable it in the PC bios and for some NICs
> also in the NIC's BIOS as well (e.g. RTL 8139) using a NIC specific=20
> tool

But most drivers in Linux disable WOL per default (on the NIC). It's a=20=

common problem: WOL works if I boot into Windows then shutdown. When I=20=

shutdown from Linux the PC doesn't wake up. Only a few drivers in Linux=20=

2.4.x (vanilla) provide a kernel option like "enable_wol=3D1", usually=20=

you need a kernel patch (if you can find one).

Are there similar problems on FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Alex=