Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 17:25:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shadow Lord <shadow@insanity.dorm.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   compile error when making cc_int during make world

I was having some problems compiling new ports with -stable (anything I
compiled from the ports tree seemed to die somewhere, either on a compiler
error or while generating the man pages), so I decided I would cvsup
-current.  I have done this, and am trying to do a make world.  I
understand that there will necessarily be some glitches with -current, as
it is still under development, but I'm getting getting errors that lead me
to believe I'm missing something obvious here.
It is currently crashing in cc_int.

Here is the error I get:

===> cc_int
make: don't know how to make insn-attrtab.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

If I run a locate on insn-attrtab.c, I find it in
/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/insn-attrtab.c
That file and the others in the /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc/cc_tools/
are generated during the make world.
cc_tools is was compiled right before cc_int, yet cc_int seems to want
those .c files.
Any help on this is appreciated.
Please keep me cc'd in your reply as I am not subscribed to questions.
Thanks.
Cory.

                   / )|       The Shadow Lord        | \
                  / / | shadow@insanity.dorm.umd.edu |\ \