Date:      02 Feb 2001 10:25:46 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, meshko@cs.brandeis.edu
Subject:   Re: bad floppy causes reset

meshko@cs.brandeis.edu (Mikhail Kruk) writes:

> is it a known problem that reading a bad floppy can cause 4.2 to reset
> (4.2-STABLE)? Or should I send pr?

Known problem, very long standing (same problem as trying to write to
a read-only disk).  I thought it was supposed to get fixed as a side
effect of some other work, but my hazy memory may just be wrong.

Another PR couldn't hurt, although contacting phk or bde would be
another strategy.  Check list archives for more information, I guess.