Date:      Sun, 2 Oct 2011 23:31:09 +0000
From:      "Paul B. Mahol" <onemda@gmail.com>
To:        Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl>
Cc:        Lyubomir@freebsd.org, freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic in AHDEMO mode (was: net-mgmt/aircrack-ng on FreeBSD 7+/call for testing)

On 10/2/11, Jakub Lach <jakub_lach@mailplus.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 2 pazdziernika 2011 12:17 Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org> napisal/(a):
>
>> Well, "whether we care" still is drawing a line between users and
>> developers here, right? :)
>>
>> It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't have the time. If
>> y'all want to sort it out, then that means "you care", and suddenly
>> someone cares. :)
>>
>> So there's three of you there at least who are interested and one of
>> you has given a patch. Let me know how it goes. :)
>>

>> Adrian
>
> I understand that you don't have time (I'm not either
> idle) and in no way was that pointed to you, by
> "not care" I was meaning that compared to number of
> people complaining that aircrack-ng does not work, a
> minuscule (one on ports list) tried aircrack-ng after
> patching. (results similar to Lyubomir Grigorov).
>
> For now, it looks that if_ath is problematic either way,
> and we are waiting for someone with (possibly) if_bwn
> to ensure patching was beneficial at all/step in right
> direction.
>
> I personally want to take ahdemo support of if_ath out
> of equation presently, unless somebody feels capable
> of investigating it on their own.
>
> (I'm using if_ath too, and airodump both in monitor/ahdemo
> works, but with aircrack situation is same as before).

I tested bwn injection in ahdemo long ago (and bwn have not changed at
all from that time on CURRENT).

There is one caveat with bwn driver:

The interface (wlan0 from bwn0) must be set to UP with ifconfig.
Setting it with aireplay/airodump may result in kernel panic but
usually you will just get blank output from aireplay/airodump.