Date:      Sat, 24 Oct 1998 18:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   voyager weekly run output (fwd)

Greetings everyone!

Last week I wrote about these strange messages that were appearing after
my system did its weekly run.  The "whatis" messages are now gone (thanks
to Studded for the solution on that one), but I'm still getting these each
week:

> Rebuilding locate database:
> _su: Trying to start from "/root"
> _su: Trying to start from "/"

I'm guessing the first one was because /root was mode 700.  I tried
changing it to 755, and w'll see what happens next week.  However, I'm a
bit mystified on the second one.  How can / be unreadable ??  I don't have
this problem on my home machine.  Do you think making /root 755 will also
solve the other one?

Thanks again!