Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2004 13:33:03 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard-seibert@rcn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Login Problem

I am running FreeBSD 5.2.1 - RELEASE #0: Mon Feb 23 20:45:55 GMT 2004

It seems that I can no longer log into my system. Upon boot-up, the
usually login appears. I enter my normal login and then my password. I am
then greeted with this error message:

BudMan login: pam_acct_mgmt(1): user account has expired
Login Incorrect.

Shortly afterwards I receive these error messages:

BudMan cron[538] _secure_path: /usr/home/ges/.login_conf is not owned by
root

The last error message will repeat with the number getting progressively
higher.

This is a fresh install of FreeBSD. The only thing I added was KDE 3.2
today. Can anyone tell me what has happened and how do I get back into my
system?

Thanks in advance!

Gerard Seibert
gerard-seibert@rcn.com