Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 16:07:23 -0600
From:      jacks@sage-american.com
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>, "Anthony Atkielski" <anthony@atkielski.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: DSL PPPoE with 2 NICs

...well, bad day at black rock! I never got a chance yet to test out the
PPPoE setup because once I installed the second NIC, turned on the DSL
modem and booted up, it messed up the LAN settings and the FreeBSD box lost
its connection with the network. It changed the original network NIC device
from rl0 to rl1 and the new NIC for the DSL grabbed the NW device's
rl0....and it insists on taking that spot. No doubt if I were doing a fresh
install, the network would be setup right, using the rl1 instead of the rl0
when it was just a workstation.

Sooooo, I went in and changed the rc.conf to point the DSL host to the new
rl1, and restarted...NADA. The box still couldn't see the LAN. What config
files am I missing on this? I'm sure its simpler than this. I'm blushing at
those who do this in 10-15 mins... but, it really is a matter of level of
SKILL... it's my first time.

Additional tips welcomed... I'd rather not re-install the OS just to make
it see the Network through the new NIC. ....thanks!

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Server Admin

Sage-American