Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 2000 17:41:01 -0400
From:      Jim Conner <jconner@enterit.com>
To:        Meerwaldt@t-online.de (Frederik Meerwaldt), "David J. Kanter" <djkanter@nwu.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Power failure question

The only thing you may consider is checking the integrity of any databases
you might have been running (if any).  Other than that...I can't think of
anything else you'd have to do.

- Jim

At 10:59 PM 4/8/00 +0200, Frederik Meerwaldt wrote:
>Hi!
>
>No, AFAIK not. Well, perhaps you should kill old PID files, because some
>programs say, that they have already been started, but they just find
>their old PID file.
>
>HTH
>--
>
>Best regards,
>         Freddy
>
>Homepage: fmeerwaldt.homepage.com
>Last update: 11.03.2000
>Very good OpenVMS HowTo's, DHCPD Howto, VXT2k NetBooting HowTo, and a
>little bit about me.
>NetBSD Vax, Alpha, i386. Tru64 Unix, OpenVMS, FreeBSD, Ultrix.
>
>On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, David J. Kanter wrote:
>
> > If FreeBSD is "shutdown" improperly due to a power failure, is there
> > anything I have to do upon the next reboot? This happened last night, and
> > upon reboot fsck ran on all partitions because they were not cleanly
> > unmounted. But is there anything else I should do manually?
> > --
> > David Kanter
> > djkanter@nwu.edu

Today's errors, in contrast:
Windows - "Invalid page fault in module kernel32.dll at 0032:A16F2935"
UNIX  - "segmentation fault - core dumped"
Humanous Beingsus - "OOPS, I've fallen and I can't get up"