Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:15:17 +0200
From:      Nimrod Mesika <nimrod-me@bezeqint.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bochs running -stable

I'm trying to run -stable under bochs 2.02 so that I could play a
little with the kernel.

I have a separate 'development' -stable partition. I haven't made
any modifications to the system yet -- just tested that the
partition is bootable and everything works fine.

However, when trying to boot the same partition under bochs I get a
BTX error when /boot/loader is loaded.

(I get similar error when I try to load the kernel directly. Boot2
seems to be working fine, though - I can list the files in the root
partition).

Any ideas? (the kernel is compiled for I586)

I have a working freebsd-4.7 image downloaded from bochs.sf.net. It
works with the same .bochsrc file so I suspect this is a kernel
configuration issue (or maybe using a dedicated partition wasn't a
good idea?)

--
Nimrod.