Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:09:30 +0200 (EET)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        tony <tony@tntpro.com>
Cc:        nl3481@wi.rr.com, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: IPFW rules, Internet

On 2002-03-28 00:33, tony wrote:

> make sure these lines are in your /etc/rc.conf file
>
> gateway_enable="YES"
> firewall_enable="YES"
> firewall_type="open"
>
> as for changing it without a reboot I dont know... maybe its a syscontrol
> thing?  I would love to find out, help anyone?

	# sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1

The firewall parts of rc.conf make sure that ipfw rules are loaded.  If you
save the rules in a file called ipfw.rules like my firewall rules[1], you
can load them with:

	# ipfw /etc/ipfw.rules

[1] An example of ipfw rules (just like the countless examples found in the
mailing list archives, and on the web), the rules that I currently use at
home, can be found at: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~keramida/files/ipfw.rules

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/