Date:      Wed, 30 May 2018 11:59:59 +0000
From:      Mateus Rodrigues de Morais <mateus@mateus.tech>
To:        "soc-status@freebsd.org" <soc-status@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Week 2] Porting Microsoft's CoreCLR, CoreFX, and PowerShell to FreeBSD

Hello all,

During this second week of work, with help from the .NET community, I=20
managed to get the CoreFX native components to build on FreeBSD, which=20
brings the effort a step closer to a complete FreeBSD support.

Also, while in touch with the Microsoft people, we gathered a list of=20
items that should be completed in order to make the product ready for=20
production. This checklist will be helpful when I start polishing the=20
rough edges to finally port the software to FreeBSD.

Right now, I'm still working on building a functional .NET runtime/SDK=20
on FreeBSD. It involves many different components that are all available=20
open-source -- including CoreCLR and CoreFX which are already building=20
on the platform.

Best,
--=20
Mateus